For Our Families
One of the unique qualities of Erdman Preschool is the degree of parent involvement in all levels of the school's operation.
We urge our families to read newsletters, mark their calendars, get involved, and be active partners in the education of our children. Helping with snack or volunteering in the classroom are experiences that benefit both the child and the parent.
In the Classroom
Volunteering in the classroom, chaperoning field trips, helping with snack and special projects are experiences that benefit both the child and the parent. Become a 'Room Parent' for a year. Check in with your child's teachers to see how you can get involved.
Volunteer for Lunch Bunch and your child attends that day for free! Teachers and parent volunteers supervise outdoor play, lunch, free play games, and stories with friends. Monday - Friday, 11:30-1:00. Contact us about signing up.
Go to PAC Meetings
Get involved with the Parent Activities Committee! PAC supports and enriches our school by coordinating fundraising, providing information of educational value and interest to parents, and hosting knowledgeable speakers and programs.
Have an idea for a fundraiser / event / speaker? We welcome your suggestions and are thankful for your support of Erdman. Please contact us to discuss your ideas.
Can you donate a product or service from your business for fundraising? Can you donate your time to help out with a fundraiser or school activity?
There are several ways to support Erdman: make a cash donation, grab a Helping Hand, or donate time and resources. Every contribution helps support the high-quality education of our students.
Love Erdman? Tell your friends! Please encourage friends to explore our school and plan a visit. Sharing our posts on Facebook is also a great way to let friends know about all the great things happening at Erdman.
• Please remember to read the message boards and check your child’s bag every day.
Along with these, the monthly newsletter and school wide emails are our major means of communicating with you.
• The door will be locked each day at 9:15, opened at 11:15, locked at 1:15, opened at 3:15. The door will be locked during the 11:30 to 1:00 break. You must call the office, 545-9309, to be let in at other times. This small security measure worked well last year to insure that no strangers entered the building.
• We follow the Scituate Public Schools for school closings due to inclement weather. No school in Scituate means no school at Erdman. A one hour delay in Scituate means a one hour delay at Erdman. More than a one hour delay means no morning classes at Erdman, no Lunch Bunch but afternoon classes will be held. It is your responsibility to access this information via the Scituate school's website (scituate.k12.ma.us). If Erdman must cancel for another reason you will be notified via email.
• FOR SAFETY'S SAKE......
- Please do not park beside the orange cones. This area must be clear for children and parents entering and leaving the playground.
- Turn off your car’s engine and ask a friend to watch siblings in the car if you don’t want to bring them inside.
- If you need help with babies, please call the office and we can bring your child up or downstairs.
- Children should never be left alone in the car nor should they be allowed to run between the car and the playground at drop off or pick up time.
- Remember that the driveway is one way and you must exit behind the church. Never go out the entrance.
• Please dress your child warmly as the playground can be cold and windy. Layers are great and hats and mittens will be necessary soon. Tuck them in your child's bag each day.
• Please arrive on time so that your child can start the day with his or her classmates. If you are delayed for pick up due to an emergency, call the office so that we can reassure your child that you are on the way.
• At both drop off and pickup please come INSIDE the playground fence and make verbal contact with your child’s teacher before leaving. If you arrive before 9:00, please stay on the playground with your child until his/her teachers arrive. The Early Drop Off teacher is not responsible for your child at this time. • Now that Lunch Bunch has started, it is important that parents and children not linger on the playground at pick up time. You are welcome anytime Lunch Bunch or a class is not outside. Thank you for your help! • Karen is available in the office Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 to 1:30 to answer questions about tuition, required forms and general Erdman information. Debby is available every day. No question is too small!